Iain S. Thomas, Intentional Dissonance (via stevenbong)
Don’t ever compliment me by insulting other women. That’s not a compliment, it’s a competition none of us agreed to.
Never apologize for how you feel. No one can control how they feel. The sun doesn’t apologize for being the sun. The rain doesn’t say sorry for falling. Feelings just are
- Lawyer: Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes, but she was drunk and passed out.
- Lawyer: That's not what I asked. Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes, but she was wearin-
- Lawyer: I didn't ask what she was wearing. Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes, but-
- Lawyer: I didn't ask anything else. It's just a simple yes or no answer. Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes.
- Laywer: Yes, he raped her.
- Rape is rape is rape, no matter the context.
She is not “my girl.”
She belongs to herself, and to all of the world. And I am blessed, for with all her freedom, she still comes back to me, moment-to-moment, day-by-day, and night-by-night.
How much more blessed can I be?
Avraham Chaim, Thoughts after The Alchemist (via thatkindofwoman)
الجمال لديها الكثير لتفعله مع الطابع
“Beauty has a lot to do with character”